Comment on page
Remote Desktop Access
Learn how to access your Windows server with Remote Desktop.
After you have purchased your Virtual Private Server, you should receive an e-mail titled:
New Server InformationInside of that e-mail you should see Server Details. That will contain:
- Server IP Address (Main IP)
- Username (Administrator)
- Password (Password created at the time of your order)
To login to your Virtual Private Server you will want to start by doing the following:
- Hit your Windows Search Button next to your Windows Start Button
- Search for "Remote Desktop Connection" and click on it.
- You should see something similar to the below image.
Remote Desktop Application
- Enter the Server IP Address into the "Computer" field and click Connect.
- Click "More Choices" and then "Use a Different Account"
Login as a different user than "Sonoran Customer"
Click "Use a different account" and enter credentials
- Enter the username "Administrator". All new Sonoran Servers VPS machines use Administrator as the default user on Windows.
- Enter your Password as provided in the e-mail you received followed by clicking OK.
- You will see another pop-up stating "The Identity of the remote computer cannot be verified" click Yes.
Remote Identity Confirmation
You've successfully logged into your VPS!